Monday, March 2, 2009

Rodarte, from where? Thats right, PASADENA.


I'd like to think that Kate and Laura Mulleavy and I have a few things in common, number one being that we help put Pasadena, California on the map. And Well, I can't really say that I've put Pasadena on the map...yet, I can say that I most definitely represent. Kate and Laura Mulleavy are the genius sisters behind the designer fashion label, Rodarte. Rodarte is a label that makes you want to say that old cliché phrase, " Fashion is Art." Rodarte is what a princess would wear in a gothic fairy tale. The princess with the best Kirkwood for Rodarte boots in the land. Every season an enchanting collection is produced with thoughtfulness that stretches beyond the idea of glamour and fine tailoring. It's a mix of intricate designs and details with a splash of what some may consider bondage (see: Kirkwood for Rodarte boots). I admired the idea of Rodarte and their designs that look as if they came straight out of a couture house with obvious Pasadena pride, but after checking out their F09 RTWcollection (i know, i know a bit late) I've officially jumped on their fan bandwagon. Check it out for yourself. I'm pretty in love with the boots.



...and YES Send some boots over, forget the flippin tights!

-a best friend over in pasadena
...i hear yah

photos via: style.com




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! i <3 pasadena! when i saw the title on my bloglovin i freaked out i was like no one is allowed to say that except us!! did u see the shoes @ jak&jil?

C. St. John said...

I know, i freaking love them.