Friday, November 14, 2008

A Gem in NoPa.


Papalote, my friends, is one of the best Mexican Restaurants in San Francisco. Well, thats kind of a big statement considering I've only eaten at a few Mexican restaurants in SF. But what I can tell you, is that I stand by this statement. I love Papalote for many reasons. One,it made me want to leave my apartment during torrential downpour. Two, the food is great! I highly suggest that you try the Machaca with eggs ( I didn't even know about this till a certain lovely let me try some...and now I will travel far for this dish), the carne asada burrito with guacamole, and the shrimp  quesadilla. The variety of food and the flavors at Papalote are great! This restaurant is certainly not your typical chain Mexican restaurant. The atmosphere is super relaxed, warm, and welcoming-the mix of the colorful and vibrant kites, the chill music (last time I was there they were playing something Manu Chao sounding), and the friendly vibes from the staff bring it all together! Go try it, you will not be disappointed and if you go for the burrito…make sure you bring your appetite! Enjoy it!

 

Papolote

1777 Fulton Street @ Masonic 


San Francisco (415) 776 

Photos: Papalote myspace page

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm u made me hungry and i just ate! yum shrimp quesadilla!